This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9529 / 50°57'10"N
Longitude: -0.8924 / 0°53'32"W
OS Eastings: 477898
OS Northings: 117631
OS Grid: SU778176
Mapcode National: GBR CCY.37M
Mapcode Global: FRA 960L.J4H
Entry Name: The Dairy at Up Park to the West of the Stable Block
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1025980
English Heritage Legacy ID: 301806
Location: Harting, Chichester, West Sussex, GU31
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Harting
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Harting St Mary and St Gabriel
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
SU 71 NE,
The Dairy at Uppark to the west of the Stable block
Joined to the south-west corner of the Stable block by a red brick wall. Built
by Sir Harry Fetherstonhaugh in about 1810. Architect Humphry Repton. The south
front has a little portico of 4 columns forming 3 sides of an octagon with a lead
roof over surmounted by a ball finial. Behind the portico is a round-headed window
with its glazing bars intact and glazed with coloured glass. Sir Harry Fetherston-
haugh, when over 60, used to come to look through this window at his dairy maid,
Mary Ann Bullock, whom he subsequently married.
Listing NGR: SU7790017630
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings