This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0554 / 51°3'19"N
Longitude: 0.1652 / 0°9'54"E
OS Eastings: 551843
OS Northings: 130685
OS Grid: TQ518306
Mapcode National: GBR MQM.LMM
Mapcode Global: FRA C67B.86D
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 26 November 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1028445
English Heritage Legacy ID: 295930
Location: Crowborough, Wealden, East Sussex, TN6
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Crowborough
Built-Up Area: Crowborough
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Crowborough All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
CROWBOROUGH CHURCH ROAD
TQ 53 SW 13/190 26, I1 .53
Built as a school in 1744 by Sir Henry Fermor, as an inscription on the building
records. Two storeys. Five windows. Ashlar. Centre portion of 3 windows
projects slightly with long and short quoins and pediment over. Centre first
floor window round-healed with keystone over. Stone eaves cornice. Hipped
tiled roof. Windows in stone architrave surrounds with glazing bars intact.
Rusticated doorway with flat hood on brackets. Wing of 2 window bays added to
east in 1894.
Listing NGR: TQ5184330685
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings