This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2343 / 51°14'3"N
Longitude: -0.5741 / 0°34'26"W
OS Eastings: 499643
OS Northings: 149308
OS Grid: SU996493
Mapcode National: GBR FCJ.KNP
Mapcode Global: VHFVN.07BN
Entry Name: Britannic Assurance
Listing Date: 1 May 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1029223
English Heritage Legacy ID: 289079
Location: Guildford, Surrey, GU1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holy Trinity
Built-Up Area: Guildford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Guildford Holy Trinity and St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
GUILDFORD QUARRY STREET
SU 99 49SE
8/212 No. 5
House, now office. Late C17/early C18 front on C16/early C17 core. Colourwashed
brick cladding on front with tile hanging on right hand return front, cement render
on rear extension. Plain tiled roof, half-hipped to front with gabled wing to rear.
Two storeys and attics to front with ground dropping steeply away to rear. Stacks
to rear. Two hipped roof casement dormers to front over bold modillioned eaves
cornice. Two 16-pane glazing-bar sash windows to first floor in open sash boxes,
blocked window to centre. Two plate glass windows to ground floor central half-
glazed door under flat hood on bold volute scroll brackets, carved on ends.
Rear:- Small attic window to rear wing, lower C19 wing with first floor sash and
casement doors to ground floor.
Interior:- Some ceiling frame exposed and some partition frame survives.
Photographs in N.M.R.
Listing NGR: SU9964149307
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings