This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1846 / 51°11'4"N
Longitude: -0.6475 / 0°38'50"W
OS Eastings: 494624
OS Northings: 143687
OS Grid: SU946436
Mapcode National: GBR FD0.R3R
Mapcode Global: VHFVS.QHK7
Entry Name: The Stag Public House
Listing Date: 14 June 1967
Last Amended: 21 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1029524
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288378
Location: Shackleford, Guildford, Surrey, GU7
Civil Parish: Shackleford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Shackleford and Peper Harow
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 94 SW SHACKLEFORD CP LOWER EASHING LANE
7/121 The Stag Public House
14.6.67 (formerly listed as The Stag Inn)
Public House. C17 with late C18/early C19 extension to rear and late C19
alterations. Timber framed, exposed on left hand return front with
whitewashed render and brick infill, red and blue chequerwork on
extension to rear. Whitewashed brick cladding to ground floor front with
tile hanging above and plain tiled roofs. Central range with gabled end
cross wings, projecting farthest on right hand end. Two storeys. Principal
stack on ridge to right of centre with smaller stack to front left of
centre, end stack to left. Irregular fenestration of leaded casement
windows, three on first floor. Ground floor casement window to left
larger, ground floor window to centre, sash and casement windows to ground
floor right. Door to left end, right of centre, and on right wing.
Double doors to pentice roof garage extension on left end. Left hand
return front - ogee arch decorative bracing exposed.
Listing NGR: SU9462443687
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings