This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1281 / 53°7'41"N
Longitude: -2.1655 / 2°9'55"W
OS Eastings: 389020
OS Northings: 359001
OS Grid: SJ890590
Mapcode National: GBR 12S.Z5T
Mapcode Global: WHBC7.PMZT
Entry Name: Coach House Approximately 10 Metres to East of Church of St Lawrence
Listing Date: 20 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1037845
English Heritage Legacy ID: 275232
Location: Biddulph, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, ST8
District: Staffordshire Moorlands
Civil Parish: Biddulph
Built-Up Area: Biddulph
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Biddulph St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
BIDDULPH C.P. CONGLETON ROAD
SJ 85 NE
- Coach House approximately
1Om to east of Church of
Coach house and lodging. Mid-C19. Coursed stone; blue machine tile
roof with cavetto eaves band; end stack to south. Single-storey entrance
front on plinth course; long (approximately 15m) frontage with block
mullioned 2-light window to left end adjacent to Tudor-arched door to
right and elliptically-arched, boarded coach door to left of centre;
further plain opening to right end, now a casement window. Hay hole to
north gable with keyed architrave over; 2-light block mullioned window.
On account of the low eaves height, only a barouche at best could be
accommodated within the building during services; possibly that of
Bateman of Biddulph Grange (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SJ8902059001
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings