This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.1853 / 51°11'7"N
Longitude: -0.6153 / 0°36'55"W
OS Eastings: 496874
OS Northings: 143810
OS Grid: SU968438
Mapcode National: GBR FD2.M7W
Mapcode Global: VHFVT.9G2P
Plus Code: 9C3X59PM+4V
Entry Name: 99, 101 and 103, High Street
Listing Date: 18 December 1947
Last Amended: 1 February 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1044526
English Heritage Legacy ID: 291394
Location: Godalming, Waverley, Surrey, GU7
Civil Parish: Godalming
Built-Up Area: Godalming
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Godalming
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
GODALMING HIGH STREET
SU 9643 NE
Nos 99, 101 and 103
(formerly listed as 69,
70 and 71)
Former Antelope Inn then White Hart Inn, now shops, hair studio and offices.
1570 altered. Timber frame with painted wattle and daub infill, some painted
brick infill and tile-hanging. Plain tile roof. 3 storeys, the 1st and 2nd
floors jettied (lst-floor jetty 1932); 5 bays. Ground floor: C20 shop windows,
door and brackets to lst-floor jetty; left bay has inserted 2-storey archway.
Upper floors: timber-framing exposed having moulded jetty bressummers, carved
ends to 2nd-floor jetty brackets, and one upper tension brace; leaded casement
windows fitted into framing with wood mullions and some old iron casements. Two
ribbed and tabled brick stacks at centre, to front and rear of ridge. Rear: old
windows with ovolo-moulded wood mullions; C20 wing and ground-floor additions
not of special interest. Left and right returns have tile-hung gables.
Interior: upper floors have timber-framed cross-wise partitions and longitudinal
partition wall forming rear corridor which gave access to the chambers; chambers
have spine beams with deep chamfers and lambs tongue stops; roof has queen-post
trusses, old rafters and straight wind braces.
Listing NGR: SU9687043805
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings