This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6561 / 51°39'21"N
Longitude: -1.21 / 1°12'35"W
OS Eastings: 454747
OS Northings: 195550
OS Grid: SU547955
Mapcode National: GBR 90C.0Y6
Mapcode Global: VHCY7.ZM6T
Entry Name: Lychgate Approximately 25 Metres North East of Church of St Michael and All Angels
Listing Date: 16 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1059784
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248805
Location: Clifton Hampden, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX14
Civil Parish: Clifton Hampden
Built-Up Area: Clifton Hampden
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Clifton Hampden
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
CLIFTON HAMPDEN HIGH STREET
SU5495 (South side)
11/20 Lychgate approx. 25m. NE of
Church of St. Michael and All
Lychgate. c.1845 by Sir Gilbert Scott for Caroline Gibbs. Stone plinth; open
timber framing in oak; stone slate roof with wrought-iron cross to ridge. Gothic
Revival style. 2-centred arches to each end with flanking trefoil openings.
Braced collar truss roof with king-post trusses to gable ends. Inscribed and
decorated bargeboards and tie-beams. Most of the timber work is chamfered and
has decorative end-stops.
(V.C.H.: 0xfordshire, Vol.7, 1962, p.26).
Listing NGR: SU5474795550
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings