This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4481 / 51°26'53"N
Longitude: 0.1183 / 0°7'5"E
OS Eastings: 547296
OS Northings: 174256
OS Grid: TQ472742
Mapcode National: GBR Q9.JJ0
Mapcode Global: VHHNS.0VDQ
Plus Code: 9F32C4X9+78
Entry Name: Chapel House
Listing Date: 17 December 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064248
English Heritage Legacy ID: 198647
Location: Bexley, London, DA15
Electoral Ward/Division: Blendon and Penhill
Built-Up Area: Bexley
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Blendon St James
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
No 497 (Chapel House)
TQ 47 SE 4/2
Designed as an ornamental building, in imitation of a chapel, as part of layout
of Danson Park, perhaps in 1761 by Lancelot Brown, and intended to be culminating
point of view from house across lake; now separated from house by A2 trunk
road and modern houses. Brick, now roughcast. Pointed doorway with a quatrefoil
in tympanum; 2 pointed windows with 2 ogee-headed lights and quatrefoil above.
On south wall chimney-stack imitating embattled turret with looplights. Tiled
roof with ornate ridge tiles. Small pointed spire at north with weather vane.
Listing NGR: TQ4729674256
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings