This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4864 / 51°29'10"N
Longitude: -0.1478 / 0°8'52"W
OS Eastings: 528699
OS Northings: 178005
OS Grid: TQ286780
Mapcode National: GBR BP.ZC
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.DW6Y
Entry Name: Superintendents House at Western Pumping Station
Listing Date: 15 March 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1067133
English Heritage Legacy ID: 473133
Location: Westminster, London, SW1W
District: City of Westminster
Electoral Ward/Division: Churchill
Built-Up Area: City of Westminster
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Barnabas Pimlico
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2878 SE
Superintendent's house at
Western pumping station
House. Built between 1872 and 1875 with later C19 scullery extension. Classical style. White Suffolk brick with hipped Bangor Countess state roof and chimneystacks to east, west and north sides. Two storeys; 3 windows. South front window and door openings have moulded arches with the mouldings continuing down the jambs to the cills and, in the case of the front entrance door, down to the plinth. Other windows and doors have plain flat gauged brick arches and rubbed Portland stone cites. A simple single storey scullery extending north at the rear has a state pitched roof and brick gable end. There is a single storey lean-to on the west side. Interior has staircase with elaborate cast iron balustrading. Built as the Superintendent's House for the Western Pumping Station.
Listing NGR: TQ2869978005
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings