This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4865 / 51°29'11"N
Longitude: -0.1484 / 0°8'54"W
OS Eastings: 528655
OS Northings: 178018
OS Grid: TQ286780
Mapcode National: GBR BP.V9
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.CWWV
Entry Name: Auxiliary Pumping Station
Listing Date: 15 March 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1067132
English Heritage Legacy ID: 473132
Location: Westminster, London, SW1W
District: City of Westminster
Electoral Ward/Division: Churchill
Built-Up Area: City of Westminster
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Barnabas Pimlico
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2878 SE GROSVENOR ROAD
Auxiliary Pumping station
Auxiliary pumping station. Circa 1875 with some C20 alterations. Built of gault brick with Bangor slate roof. Corbelled eaves and plinth. One storey: 6 windows. Rectangular in plan with former boiler house extending westwards of lower height. Segmental headed sashes with vertical glazing bars. Central segmental headed doorcase with four panelled door. End doors replaced by steel doors and C20 conservatory added. Interior retains kingpost roof but the original machinery was removed in 1937. Included as a rare building type which functionally and visually groups with the main pumping station.
Listing NGR: TQ2865578018
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings