This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3992 / 53°23'57"N
Longitude: -2.9768 / 2°58'36"W
OS Eastings: 335151
OS Northings: 389601
OS Grid: SJ351896
Mapcode National: GBR 76R.2G
Mapcode Global: WH877.7TRF
Entry Name: Former Congregational Church
Listing Date: 28 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1068202
English Heritage Legacy ID: 214198
Location: Liverpool, L1
Electoral Ward/Division: Riverside
Built-Up Area: Liverpool
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: St Luke in the City Team
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
SJ 3589 NW GREAT GEORGE STREET
56/551 Former Congregational
Chapel. 1840-41. J. Franklin. Stone. 2 storeys with
basement, 9 bays to Nelson Street. Rusticated basement with
flat lintel band. Giant Corinthian pilastrade with window
in architraved, round-headed recesses. Windows have small
paned casements. Entablature and tall parapet. Facade
facing Berry Street has channelled rustication and has
projecting drum with Corinthian colonnade of 10 monolithic
columns. Central entrance has architrave and consoled
cornice; paired 6-panel doors. Flanking eared architraved
entrance. Drum continues upwards and has guilloche band
framing wheel windows and lead covered cupola. Left return
similar, with attached 2-storey 3-bay building (not listed).
Ornamental iron railings, some missing. Interior of drum
has double staircase with decorative iron balusters.
Panelled balcony at upper level. Coffered dome. Mahogany
Listing NGR: SJ3515189601
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings