This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4802 / 52°28'48"N
Longitude: -1.9001 / 1°54'0"W
OS Eastings: 406878
OS Northings: 286918
OS Grid: SP068869
Mapcode National: GBR 608.BT
Mapcode Global: VH9YX.0XTL
Entry Name: Midland Bank
Listing Date: 25 April 1952
Last Amended: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075753
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216772
Location: Birmingham, B2
Electoral Ward/Division: Ladywood
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Philip Birmingham
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
City Centre B2
Mos 26 to 33 (consec)
(formerly listed as
Midland Bank under
SP 0686 NE 33/6 25.4.52
1830, by Rickman and Eutchinson, altered in 1868 by H R Yeoville Thomason.
Stone. Five bays plus the entrance bay on the corner and a seventh bay to
the right where there is a subsidiary entrance. Giant Corinthian columns
with entablature in front of a wall with tall narrow windows in moulded surrounds.
Bold Corinthian pilasters about the later pedimented principal entrance on
the angle. The return of Waterloo Street with a Corinthian tetrastyle portico
to the entablature and pediment. Behind it, tall windows as the others.
Early C19 iron railings. Important corner site.
Listing NGR: SP0687886918
Other nearby listed buildings