This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0507 / 52°3'2"N
Longitude: -1.7807 / 1°46'50"W
OS Eastings: 415134
OS Northings: 239170
OS Grid: SP151391
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.DLP
Mapcode Global: VHB13.2QZ9
Entry Name: Market Hall
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Last Amended: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078442
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126180
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 HIGH STREET
under Market Place)
SP 1539 SW 9/200 25.8.60
1627. Built for Sir Baptist Hicks for dairy produce and poultry. Classical double
arcaded loggie. Built of ashlar with Cotswold stone valley roof. 2 x 5 arches.
2 x 3 gables with blocked 2 light mullion windows in rebated surrounds with cornices.
Pyramidal finials at apices, corners and between gables. Arcades rest on square
piers with panelled caps. Ogee panel between 2 east gables displaying Hick's arms
(see also Almhouses in Church Street). Inner colonnade of chamfered piers on high
plinths, supporting valley plate. Waggon ceiling houses (plaster removed). Pitched
paving. On south side the corners and piers have low off-set buttresses, to north
a low wall.
Owned by the National Trust - (A.M.).
Listing NGR: SP1513839169
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings