This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0508 / 52°3'2"N
Longitude: -1.781 / 1°46'51"W
OS Eastings: 415114
OS Northings: 239175
OS Grid: SP151391
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.DJH
Mapcode Global: VHB13.2QT7
Plus Code: 9C4W3629+8J
Entry Name: Jackson Stops and the Woolmarket Restaurant
Listing Date: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305244
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126157
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 HIGH STREET
Jackson Stops and
SP 1539 SW 9/106
Dated 1775 in front and 1720 at rear, but very altered in mid C19. Ashlar with
first floor band, Cotswold stone roof. In 2 sections with Cl7 rubble gabled wing
to left. Two storeys and attics.
(Woolmarket) L.H.S. C17. One window above 3 and 4 light stone mullioned casements
with drip moulds. Ground floor has central doorway with sashed bay on either side.
Blind panel in gable.
R.H.S. C18. Alleyway to left. Central door with stone hood flanked by bay windows.
Two paired C19 sashes above. Two gabled dormers. Rear wall has long-mullion
windows and the date 1720 over the alleyway. Interior of Woolmarket Restaurant
has a large Tudor arch fireplace at back on ground floor.
Listing NGR: SP1511839175
Other nearby listed buildings