This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5742 / 51°34'26"N
Longitude: -0.3374 / 0°20'14"W
OS Eastings: 515316
OS Northings: 187453
OS Grid: TQ153874
Mapcode National: GBR 63.HM7
Mapcode Global: VHGQH.3PHM
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 21 September 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1079742
English Heritage Legacy ID: 202001
Location: Harrow, London, HA1
Electoral Ward/Division: Harrow on the Hill
Built-Up Area: Harrow
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Mary Harrow-on-the-Hill
Church of England Diocese: London
Parish Church of St Mary
TQ 1587 SW 16/1 21.9.51
C12 and later. Much restored in 1846. Lower part of roughcast. West tower is
Norman, including portal with plain tympanum. Lead spire. C13 chancel with
lancet windows. C13 nave with 5-bay arcade on low round piers. Transepts probably
somewhat later. Clerestory and flat-pitched timber roof C15. Stained glass by
Kempe and Tower; in east window by Comper (1908). Norman font. Pulpit circa 1675.
Several good brasses. Effigies to W Gerard (d 1607) and wife. Wall monument to
Lyon by Flaxman (1815). Prominent landmark.
Marble Monument in north aisle to Lord North by Hopper (1831).
Monuments also to James Edwards by Peter Turnerelli (1816), to Joseph Drury by
Richard Westmacott the younger (1835) and to Thomas Graham by Peter Scheemakers (1733).
Listing NGR: TQ1532687452
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings