This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4587 / 51°27'31"N
Longitude: 0.0029 / 0°0'10"E
OS Eastings: 539248
OS Northings: 175209
OS Grid: TQ392752
Mapcode National: GBR L2.Z9B
Mapcode Global: VHHNQ.0LDL
Entry Name: Boone's Chapel (With Short Abutting Wall to East)
Listing Date: 30 August 1954
Last Amended: 12 March 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1079981
English Heritage Legacy ID: 203319
Location: Lewisham, London, SE13
Electoral Ward/Division: Blackheath
Built-Up Area: Lewisham
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Lee St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
LEE HIGH ROAD SE13
4424 (North Side)
Boone's Chapel (with short
abutting wall to East)
(Formerly listed as The Former
Boone's Chapel including Walls
and railings, situated in the grounds
of the Merchant Taylor's Almshouses,
Brandram Road, Lee)
TQ 3975 15/L48 30.8.54.
Formerly chapel of Boone's Almshouses (demolished 1877) founded. circa 1680-83.
Scheduled AM. 1 storey. Red brick with stone dressings including door surround,
window architraves and rusticated quoins. Rectangular plan with square bay
projection on North side. Hipped roof surmounted by open wood cupola; East, South
and West sides have pediments and wood modillion cornices, North side with moulded
wood cornice. South (front) elevation - central doorway with consoles and flat
cornice, round-arched windows either side and oval window above entrance,
all with scroll key blocks. Wall to East with 3 brick and stone piers and ball
caps. (RCHM) Empty and in need of some repair at time of survey.
Listing NGR: TQ3924875209
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings