This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0385 / 52°2'18"N
Longitude: -2.4242 / 2°25'27"W
OS Eastings: 370996
OS Northings: 237876
OS Grid: SO709378
Mapcode National: GBR FZ.FM9M
Mapcode Global: VH860.X1R2
Entry Name: St Cuthbert's
Listing Date: 18 September 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082863
English Heritage Legacy ID: 151918
Location: Ledbury, County of Herefordshire, HR8
Civil Parish: Ledbury
Built-Up Area: Ledbury
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Ledbury
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
5245 THE HOMEND
Nos 38 and 40
SO 7037 NW 2/61
SO 7137 NE 2/61 18.9.53.
C17 refronted C18. Stuccoed. Chamfered quoins. Tiled roof with modillion eaves
cornice to whole. 3 curved roof dormers with casements with glazing bars. 2 storeys
with attic. 3 windows. All sashes with glazing bars, rusticated flat arches with
keyblocks. Appearance marred by large projecting modern shop front. Some exposed
timber framing at rear. Interior: part of the original staircase with turned balusters.
No 40 attached to No 38 appears to be one building with it, but has quoins marking
the division, continuous roof. 4 sash windows similar to those in No 38. Wide
carriage doors on left hand with pediment and moulded architrave and large fielded
panel double doors. RCHM (49).
Nos 34 to 60 (even) and Nos 64 to 74 (even) form a group.
Listing NGR: SO7099637876
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings