This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0385 / 52°2'18"N
Longitude: -2.4238 / 2°25'25"W
OS Eastings: 371029
OS Northings: 237872
OS Grid: SO710378
Mapcode National: GBR FZ.FMDY
Mapcode Global: VH860.Y103
Plus Code: 9C4V2HQG+9F
Entry Name: Abbey House
Listing Date: 18 September 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1349379
English Heritage Legacy ID: 151885
Location: Ledbury, County of Herefordshire, HR8
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Ledbury
Built-Up Area: Ledbury
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Ledbury
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 7137 NE THE HOMEND
18/09/1953 (Abbey House)
Circa 1600. Timber framed with fairly close-set studding, with plastered infilling. Slate roof with gabled ends. 2 storeys and attic. 1st floor overhangs on moulded bressummer. 5 windows across, asymmetrical. Restored ovolo moulded 3-light wood mullion/transom windows, 2 on right with gabled heads above eaves. Narrow 2-storeyed bay in centre (old prints show it as bay on 1st floor only) standing on a brick base. Base of house on left hand is of red stone. Small first floor canted bay, and 2-light oriel windows beyond. C18 flush-panelled door with steps with iron hand railing. Later C18 extension to right, red brick with Victorian timber frame 2-storeyed bay. RCHM (33).
Nos 33 to 37 (odd) Horseshoe Inn and Nos 67, 71 and 73 form a group (No 71 is a building of local interest).
Listing NGR: SO7102937872
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings