This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.037 / 52°2'13"N
Longitude: -2.4224 / 2°25'20"W
OS Eastings: 371124
OS Northings: 237702
OS Grid: SO711377
Mapcode National: GBR FZ.FV1L
Mapcode Global: VH860.Y2R9
Entry Name: Midland Bank with Gateway at Rear of Number 4
Listing Date: 18 September 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082876
English Heritage Legacy ID: 151847
Location: Ledbury, County of Herefordshire, HR8
Civil Parish: Ledbury
Built-Up Area: Ledbury
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Ledbury
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
5245 HIGH STREET
Nos 3 and 4
with gateway at rear
of No 4
SO 7137 NE 2/23 18.9.53.
This fine building appears to have been 2 houses, then converted into 1, and now
2 again. C17, refronted in red brick C18, 3 storeys. A parapet formerly ran across
front with central pediment and moulded brick cornice. The pediment has been removed
and the continuous character of the parapet has now gone. No 3 has 4 double-hung
sash windows on 1st and 2nd floors, with old glazing bars (the projecting bull-nosed
cills now removed). No 4 has 2 wide double-hung sash windows and early C20 stone
bank frontage. No 3 has ground floor modern shop front and round-headed passage
with keyblock and impost. Passage between Nos 3 and 4 shows timber-framing. Tiled
roofs. No 3 has long C17 timber framed wing at rear. No 4 has late C17 or early
C18 much altered brick extension at rear with roof with queen-post trusses, and
good wrought iron gate and overthrow adjoining. RCHM (9 and 10).
Market House with all the listed buildings on the east side of High Street form
a good group.
Listing NGR: SO7112437702
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings