This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.3378 / 54°20'16"N
Longitude: -2.5876 / 2°35'15"W
OS Eastings: 361892
OS Northings: 493744
OS Grid: SD618937
Mapcode National: GBR BLC8.LS
Mapcode Global: WH943.772D
Entry Name: Graveyard Boundary Walls to Original Parish Church
Listing Date: 21 February 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1086914
English Heritage Legacy ID: 75652
Location: Firbank, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA10
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Firbank
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Firbank, Howgill and Killington
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
SD 69 SW,
Graveyard boundary walls to original Parish Church
Graveyard walls. Date uncertain, possibly pre-Reformation, recorded in mid C17,
church demolished in 1830s. Dry stone walls enclosing area approx. 31m square.
Entrance to west side. Some gravestones with early C19 dates. To south-east is
Fox's pulpit, which George Fox preached for three hours to approx. 1,000 Seekers
(forerunners of the Society of Friends) on 13 June 1652. The meeting led to the
formation of the Society of Friends (Quakers).
Listing NGR: SD6189293744
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings