History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Dr Bland's Almshouses

A Grade II Listed Building in Sandiacre, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9223 / 52°55'20"N

Longitude: -1.2944 / 1°17'39"W

OS Eastings: 447535

OS Northings: 336335

OS Grid: SK475363

Mapcode National: GBR 7GF.X3X

Mapcode Global: WHDGX.2TW1

Entry Name: Dr Bland's Almshouses

Listing Date: 2 May 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1087917

English Heritage Legacy ID: 82294

Location: Sandiacre, Erewash, Derbyshire, NG10

County: Derbyshire

District: Erewash

Civil Parish: Sandiacre

Built-Up Area: Sandiacre

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Sandiacre St Giles

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Sandiacre

Listing Text

PARISH OF SANDIACRE DERBY ROAD
SK 43 NE
2/108 (North Side)
Dr Bland's Almshouses
Nos 115 and 117
II

Pair of almshouses. 1910, built for Dr Bland. Brown brick with
stone dressings and hipped plain tile roof with overhanging bell
canted eaves and external side wall stacks with stone banding
and cornices. Two storeys and three bays with advanced, gabled
central bay. Wide stone segmental arch across the full width of
the central bay with dentilled lower edge to arch. Set back
behind the arch are two original studded wooden doors with two
small diamond lights each. Above the arch is a flush stone
plaque inscribed 'Dr Bland's Almshouses. Erected 1910'. Bays
to either side have central 3-light chamfered mullion window
with leaded lights. Above there are two similar 2-light windows
to either side and a central, similar, 4-light window. Over
this in the gable there are four decorative stone diamonds.
Built as a pair of No 119 and 117.


Listing NGR: SK4753536335

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.