History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Canal Bridge at Sk 481 367

A Grade II Listed Building in Sandiacre, Derbyshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9258 / 52°55'33"N

Longitude: -1.2865 / 1°17'11"W

OS Eastings: 448060

OS Northings: 336730

OS Grid: SK480367

Mapcode National: GBR 7GF.KKG

Mapcode Global: WHDGX.6QMC

Entry Name: Canal Bridge at Sk 481 367

Listing Date: 2 May 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1334853

English Heritage Legacy ID: 82297

Location: Sandiacre, Erewash, Derbyshire, NG10

County: Derbyshire

District: Erewash

Civil Parish: Sandiacre

Built-Up Area: Sandiacre

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Sandiacre St Giles

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Trowell

Listing Text

PARISH OF SANDIACRE MILL LANE
SK 43 NE
2/111
Canal Bridge at
SK 481 367
II

Canal bridge. 1779 by engineer John Varley, with minor repairs.
Ashlar and cast iron. Single span bridge with stone walls to
either end and cast iron arch between. Cast iron section is
made up of a grid of bolted beams, formerly with wooden decking,
now with tarmac and has slightly canted beams to either side
which continue downwards in a curve against the stone walls,
also with iron handrails to either side. To either end there
are pairs of curving stone walls which finish in plain columns.
Each wall has a plain band at base of the parapets. Built as
part of the Erewash Canal.


Listing NGR: SK4806036729

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

PARISH OF SANDIACRE MILL LANE
SK 43 NE
2/111
Canal Bridge at
SK 481 367
II

Canal bridge. 1779 by engineer John Varley, with minor repairs.
Ashlar and cast iron. Single span bridge with stone walls to
either end and cast iron arch between. Cast iron section is
made up of a grid of bolted beams, formerly with wooden decking,
now with tarmac and has slightly canted beams to either side
which continue downwards in a curve against the stone walls,
also with iron handrails to either side. To either end there
are pairs of curving stone walls which finish in plain columns.
Each wall has a plain band at base of the parapets. Built as
part of the Erewash Canal.


Listing NGR: SK4806036729

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.