This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8848 / 53°53'5"N
Longitude: -1.6657 / 1°39'56"W
OS Eastings: 422069
OS Northings: 443227
OS Grid: SE220432
Mapcode National: GBR JRTJ.55
Mapcode Global: WHC8Y.DM17
Entry Name: St Bartholomews Mission Church
Listing Date: 2 August 2002
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088065
English Heritage Legacy ID: 489651
Location: Carlton, Leeds, LS19
Civil Parish: Carlton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Guiseley St Oswald King and Martyr
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
714-1/0/10022 CARLTON LANE
02-AUG-02 East Carlton
St Bartholomews Mission Church
Former school, now church. Built 1818 for John Muster, the local Lord of the Manor of Carlton, converted 1926. Coursed dressed gritstone with stone slate roof. Raised coped gables, dentillated eaves and two stone ridge stacks. Plinth and first floor band. 2 storeys.
South front has projecting gabled porch to left with 4-panel inner door, flanked by single large windows with C20 stained glass. To right another doorway with 5-panel door and overlight with to right a sash window with 2 panes below and 4-panes above. Upper floor has 3 sliding sashes with glazing bars to left and single sash to left similar to that below.
Right return has single C20 window to each floor.
Rear has small lean-to with corner chimney stack and C20 casement, plus rendered C20 lean-to. Rear wall of church rendered with single stained glass window on ground floor.
Left return has lean-to outbuilding and small fixed light window on upper floor.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.