This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.8916 / 53°53'29"N
Longitude: -1.6676 / 1°40'3"W
OS Eastings: 421940
OS Northings: 443984
OS Grid: SE219439
Mapcode National: GBR JRSF.RQ
Mapcode Global: WHC8Y.CF4Z
Entry Name: East Chevin Farmhouse and Outbuildings
Listing Date: 8 July 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1135269
English Heritage Legacy ID: 341428
Location: Otley, Leeds, LS21
Civil Parish: Otley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Otley All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
East Chevin Road
Farmhouse and outbuildings.
SE 24 SW 6/165
C18. 2 storeys in stone with stone slate roof with stacks at gable ends.
2 windows of 2 lights, stone mullions, on 2 storeys, stone architraves.
Lower floor windows have modern glass. Stone architrave to door. Kneelers.
Farm buildings of same materials and date in yard. In C19 this building
was apparently an inn called 'The Wilson's Arms's' kept by Joseph Davey,
farmer, in 1851, alongside the Leeds-Otley Turnpike Road.
Listing NGR: SE2194043984
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings