This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2364 / 53°14'11"N
Longitude: -1.4256 / 1°25'32"W
OS Eastings: 438436
OS Northings: 371196
OS Grid: SK384711
Mapcode National: GBR 698.0DN
Mapcode Global: WHDF9.2XF8
Entry Name: William and Glyn's Bank and Bank Chambers
Listing Date: 9 August 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088294
English Heritage Legacy ID: 83310
Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40
Electoral Ward/Division: St Leonard's
Built-Up Area: Chesterfield
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Chesterfield St Mary and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Derby
5169 (East Side)
Nos 1 and 3
(Williams and Glyn's
SK 3871 8W 1/136 9.8.76. Bank and Bank Chambers)
Includes Nos 2 and 4 Stephenson Place. Circa 1907. Architect W Cecil Jackson.
Edwardian Baroque. Semi-circular stone building at the apex of triangle formed
by junction of Cavendish Street and Stephenson Place. Ashlar with high plinth
containing basement. Above this, 2 storey facade recessed behind giant order of
engaged Ionic columns with architrave, frieze and modillion cornice above. Parapet
with open balustrade, roof not visible. Rear 3 bays of building (on both streets)
inch have rusticated stone facades with plain blocking course continuous with open
balustrade to south. 17 windows in all with moulded stone architraves and corbelled
sills, those of ground floor have triple keystones. Door at centre of curve with
plain round arched fanlight and segmental pediment on consoles. Above, stone plaque
with arms, plaque flanked by reversed eagles.
Listing NGR: SK3843671196
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings