This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2689 / 53°16'8"N
Longitude: -1.3522 / 1°21'8"W
OS Eastings: 443298
OS Northings: 374854
OS Grid: SK432748
Mapcode National: GBR MZ0M.1W
Mapcode Global: WHDFB.63B9
Entry Name: The School
Listing Date: 26 March 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088356
English Heritage Legacy ID: 83259
Location: Staveley, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43
Civil Parish: Staveley
Built-Up Area: Staveley
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Staveley St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 4374 1/3
1844. Founded by the Duke of Devonshire and probably by Paxton. Ashlar.
Central 2-storeyed octagonal block; 1 sash window on each face in plain
surround with arched head; quoins to angles; plain doorway with 6-panelled
door, the tipper panels glazed, and pedimented porch with arched openings
at front and sides. Single-storeyed wings extend at right-angles, linked
to central block by porchways; overhanging lined eaves with brackets;
St John's Church, Churchyard Cross, The School, Staveley Hall. Former
stables and coach house of Staveley Hall and Garden Walls of Staveley
Hall form a group.
Listing NGR: SK4329874854
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings