This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6386 / 51°38'18"N
Longitude: -2.1595 / 2°9'34"W
OS Eastings: 389060
OS Northings: 193323
OS Grid: ST890933
Mapcode National: GBR 1P0.6VG
Mapcode Global: VH95K.J27N
Entry Name: Former Stable Block in Yard at Back of the Priory
Listing Date: 21 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089655
English Heritage Legacy ID: 128408
Location: Tetbury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8
Civil Parish: Tetbury
Built-Up Area: Tetbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Tetbury St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 8893-8993 TETBURY THE CHIPPING
7/132 Former stable block in yard
at back of The Priory
Former stable block, probably originally part of medieval manor
house on this site. Mainly of 1839 (datestone over central arch)
but with 2 early medieval blocked trefoil arched windows and
blocked pointed archway on outside wall to south. Rubble stone,
coursed towards yard, Cotswold stone slate roof. Single range with
small additions to east and west. 2 storeys. 3 windows, central
2-light trefoil head stone mullion window with flanking 2-light
straight head stone mullion casements with square hoodmoulds.
Ground floor has two 3-light stone mullion casements flanking large
central 4-centred chamfered carriage arch with carved head and
datestone over and double wooden doors. Single arched door with
carved head and single light to left. South wall has large stepped
stack on outside in centre.
Listing NGR: ST8906093323
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings