This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7078 / 51°42'27"N
Longitude: -1.781 / 1°46'51"W
OS Eastings: 415231
OS Northings: 201026
OS Grid: SP152010
Mapcode National: GBR 4SJ.SP8
Mapcode Global: VHB2V.2BTN
Entry Name: 4 (Spaldings) and 4A Market Place
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Last Amended: 17 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089976
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129746
Location: Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Fairford
Built-Up Area: Fairford
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: South Cotswold Team Ministry
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 24/05/2018
MARKET PLACE (east side)
No 4 (Spaldings) and No 4A
(Formerly listed No 4, as previously listed as The Barrel and Basket, Off Licence MARKET PLACE, formerly listed as Premises adjoining and on south of Laverton House)
Small house in row with two shops on ground floor. Early C18. Roughcast faced, stone slate roof hipped to left hand return of projecting front wing, rear stack in brick. Single range with set forward front wing to right marking change in building line on this side of street, and small rear wing to left. Two storeys and attic.
Set back section has one window, two to right hand wing, 16-pane sashes. Small gabled dormer with paired casements on set back side, and small canted bay shop front on ground floor. To right, probably C19 shop with door giving access to upstairs floors in angle.
Listing NGR: SP1523101026
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings