This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5934 / 52°35'36"N
Longitude: 1.728 / 1°43'40"E
OS Eastings: 652587
OS Northings: 306039
OS Grid: TG525060
Mapcode National: GBR YR7.KNW
Mapcode Global: WHNW5.J22N
Entry Name: Dolphin Public House
Listing Date: 26 February 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1096829
English Heritage Legacy ID: 468467
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30
District: Great Yarmouth
Town: Great Yarmouth
Electoral Ward/Division: Nelson
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Great Yarmouth
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Great Yarmouth
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG5206 FISH WHARF
839-1/6/33 (East side)
Dolphin Public House
Formerly known as: Fish Wharf Refreshment Rooms FISH WHARF.
Public house. 1900 and 1904. By JW Cockrill. Red brick over
concrete and decorative tiles in a method patented by Cockrill
in 1893. Interlocking roof tiles. 2 storeys; 9-window range in
9 bays. 7th bay (from left) brought forward under a gablet
with rusticated tile decoration. Arched and rusticated door to
ground floor. Alternate bays to left with arched and
rusticated segmental doorways. Windows boarded over at time of
Review, under brick and tile rusticated segmental arches.
Decorative panels above with faience tiles representing
dolphins and other marine subjects. 9 first-floor windows
under stilted tiled arches. Hipped roof with 2 stacks.
Single-storey wing returns to east, also with alternating
segmental doorways and windows, similarly rusticated. Parapet.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: TG5257706049
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings