This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.4665 / 51°27'59"N
Longitude: -0.3646 / 0°21'52"W
OS Eastings: 513697
OS Northings: 175440
OS Grid: TQ136754
Mapcode National: GBR 5H.8RT
Mapcode Global: VHFTL.MDMM
Entry Name: Bell Road Methodist Church
Listing Date: 18 June 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1096907
English Heritage Legacy ID: 439814
Location: Hounslow, London, TW3
Electoral Ward/Division: Hounslow Central
Built-Up Area: Hounslow
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Stephen Hounslow
Church of England Diocese: London
The following building shall be included in the list:-
TQ 1275 and 1375
(east side) )
30/363 Bell Road Methodist Church
Methodist church. Dated 1879. Architect probably James Wear.
Brownish brick in English bond, front stuccoed; Welsh slate roof.
2 storeys, 3 x 5 bays with rear vestry range. Symmetrical
elevation having: plinth; moulded cornices and strings; bays
defined by giant rusticated pilasters, taller at centre and
supporting modillioned, corniced, pediment which breaks pediment
and has keyed oculus to tympanum. Steps up to central double
board door below semi-elliptrical fanlight in porch having paired
columns supporting pedimented entablature with date in tympanum.
Round-arched windows with glazing bars, and wooden tracery to the
larger, central, 1st floor window. This window and the ground-
floor openings have archivolts. Returns: round-arched windows
with tile sills and glazing bars; stack at rear right corner;
rear vestry range has 4-panel door in round-arched surround, 4-
pane sash, and end stack, on left return. Interior: original
fittings, comprising: pews: preaching pulpit; organ loft with
decorative panelled and open - traceried front and clustered
flanking pilasters with decorative capitals; gallery on 3 sides,
supported by circular columns with plain capitals, and having
panelled front with decorative upper section of interlinked
circles. Compartmented ceiling with panels and taller central
section with ribbed coving. Entrance vestibule has tile floor,
foundation stone, and gallery stairs at each side. A good -
quality and little - altered interior. Church halls attached to
rear not included in item.
Listing NGR: TQ1369775440
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings