This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7964 / 50°47'46"N
Longitude: -3.2452 / 3°14'42"W
OS Eastings: 312337
OS Northings: 100382
OS Grid: ST123003
Mapcode National: GBR LV.Z1PP
Mapcode Global: FRA 462Z.RK1
Entry Name: Village Pump Including Surrounding Walls and Railings
Listing Date: 27 January 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1098049
English Heritage Legacy ID: 87101
Location: Buckerell, East Devon, Devon, EX14
District: East Devon
Civil Parish: Buckerell
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Buckerell St Mary and St Giles
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SY 10 SW
5/98 Village pump including surrounding
walls and railings
Village pump and surrounding walls including railings and inscription panel. 1844,
erected by the Reverend E.E. Coleridge (q.v. the Old Rectory). Flint rubble walls
form a 3-sided enclosure on the north-east boundary of the churchyard. The back wall
incorporates a Gothic style freestone inscription panel with a 2-centred arch filled
with blind tracery motifs. The inscription reads ("This pump for the use of the poor
was placed here by subscription 1844 Edwin E. Coleridge Vicar", with appropriate
biblical texts below. The side walls have stone coping iron railings with spike
finials. The pump has been boxed in, the handle terminates in a ball.
An unusual survival.
Listing NGR: ST1233700382
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings