This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1316 / 52°7'53"N
Longitude: -2.7353 / 2°44'7"W
OS Eastings: 349762
OS Northings: 248401
OS Grid: SO497484
Mapcode National: GBR FK.7VGN
Mapcode Global: VH858.JPS8
Entry Name: Barn and Cow House About 80 Yards East-North-East of Wellington Court
Listing Date: 15 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1099335
English Heritage Legacy ID: 154132
Location: Wellington, County of Herefordshire, HR4
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Wellington
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Wellington
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 44 NE WELLINGTON CP WELLINGTON
3/168 Barn and cow house about
80 yards east-north-east
- of Wellington Court
Barn and cow house. Probably C18. High rubble plinth, timber-frame,
weatherboards, tiled roof partially replaced in corrugated iron. Ten
bays, aligned east/west. South elevation: (now camouflaged by late C20
cow shelter): ventilator slits to left hand side in plinth, eight
entrances to cow houses. North elevation: hipped brick-built break to
right with blind segmental-headed central panel, approximately three bays,
weatherboarded with tiled roof and lean-to partially obscuring them to
right hand side; ridge height drops for the next approximately two bays,
the right hand part has two openings, the left hand part has corrugated
iron roof. Frame: two panels to wall-plate from plinth. Interior: tallet
over cow houses; trusses have queen struts to collars from tie-beams.
The western part of the barn merges into the adjacent granary (qv).
Listing NGR: SO4973648396
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings