This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.9934 / 50°59'36"N
Longitude: -4.1919 / 4°11'30"W
OS Eastings: 246275
OS Northings: 123847
OS Grid: SS462238
Mapcode National: GBR KK.KMX4
Mapcode Global: FRA 263H.8Q3
Plus Code: 9C2QXRV5+97
Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 20 February 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1105150
English Heritage Legacy ID: 91436
Location: Landcross, Torridge, Devon, EX39
Civil Parish: Landcross
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Landcross Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
7/119 Church of Holy
GV. II *
Anglican parish church. C15. Coursed slatestone rubble,
rendered to north; gabled slate roof; early C19 bell cupola to
west, clad in slate hanging and with ball finial surmounting
pyramidal roof. Nave and chancel. East gable wall has curved
timbers at ceiling height; hood mould over 3-light Perpendicular
window with panel tracery. Two-bay south wall has label moulds
over 2 and 3-light mullioned windows with trefoiled square heads;
heads of 3-light windows have been restored in late C19. Late
C19 gabled porch with chamfered pointed-arched doorway. Label
mould over similar 3-light trefoil-headed window in west gable.
Interior: C15 waggon roof with moulded ribs throughout; roof in
chancel has finely-carved vine trails and 2 angels. Fittings:
early C17 panelling and C16 linenfold panelling to rear of
reredos. Pulpit has early C16 decoratively-carved panels reset
in mid C19 frame. Fine C16 bench ends have carved tracery, blank
shields under cinquefoiled arches, carved heads and figures.
C15-C16 floor tiles. C12 cushion-shaped font set on column with
cable moulding; the font is set in the west gable wall and is
flanked by reset C16 linenfold panels and C17 engaged balusters.
C18 Royal Arms on west wall. Monuments: slatestone slab to
Anthony Clifford, d. 1649, next to pulpit; C17-C18 ledger
stones. Tablet to John Wills, d. 1861, in nave. Stained glass:
plain glass with coloured borders presented by John Ford, 1870.
(Buildings of England: North Devon, p,l14; National Monuments
Listing NGR: SS4627523847
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings