This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4112 / 51°24'40"N
Longitude: -0.678 / 0°40'40"W
OS Eastings: 492038
OS Northings: 168847
OS Grid: SU920688
Mapcode National: GBR F98.HDJ
Mapcode Global: VHFTM.6SFK
Entry Name: Turnstiles and Offices to Ascot Racecourse
Listing Date: 26 June 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1109922
English Heritage Legacy ID: 469416
Location: Sunninghill and Ascot, Windsor and Maidenhead, SL5
County: Windsor and Maidenhead
Civil Parish: Sunninghill and Ascot
Built-Up Area: North Ascot
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: Ascot Heath
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU96NW HIGH STREET, Ascot
599-1/15/65 (North side)
Turnstiles and offices to Ascot
Turnstiles and offices. Foundation stone inscribed 'VR 1896'.
Brick with stone dressings. Flat roof. Long rectangular plan.
EXTERIOR: single storey and 2 storeys. Stone band above plinth
level; moulded string at impost and first floor levels;
moulded cornice and vase balustraded parapet.
South front facing road: 16 bays. The 1st and 11th bays are
taller. The 1st bay has no windows, but has a circular stone
motif at the upper level with the royal crown carved in stone.
The 11th bay has tripartite sash windows with stone mullions
and surrounds; the 2 bays to the right of this are lower with
The remaining bays have semicircular moulded stone heads and
iron shutters below impost level which are closed when the
building is not in use. Each of these bays has a circular
stone motif with the arms of the former Masters of the
Buckhounds carved in stone.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SU9203868847
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings