This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5238 / 51°31'25"N
Longitude: -0.1313 / 0°7'52"W
OS Eastings: 529735
OS Northings: 182195
OS Grid: TQ297821
Mapcode National: GBR G7.NY
Mapcode Global: VHGQS.NYXR
Entry Name: The Cloisters Numbers 1 to 5 and Attached Stone Wall
Listing Date: 28 March 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1113043
English Heritage Legacy ID: 477370
Location: Camden, London, WC1H
Electoral Ward/Division: Bloomsbury
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Pancras with St James and Christ Church St Pancras
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ2982SE GORDON SQUARE
798-1/94/590 (West side)
28/03/69 The Cloisters Nos.1-5 (consec) and
attached stone wall
Block of flats, formerly attached to the Catholic Apostolic
Church (now the Church of Christ the King) (qv). Mid C19.
Yellow stock brick with limestone dressings. Slate 2-span
roof. 4 storeys and basement. 4 windows. Entrance through
church porch, Gothic style. Continuous traceried stone balcony
at 1st floor level with large shaped brackets. Left-hand bay
recessed with windows of 3 lights, the ground floor
round-arched, 1st to 3rd floor cusped. 3rd floor with gable.
Similar fenestration to the 2 right hand bays. Off-centre
projecting, canted bay of 4 lights. 2nd floor with enriched
apron of star design. Traceried lights in shallow recesses,
the centre 2 with a carved green man. Decorative frieze at
parapet level. Conical roof. INTERIORS: not inspected.
SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached stone wall to areas.
Listing NGR: TQ2973482192
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings