This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.5521 / 51°33'7"N
Longitude: -0.1721 / 0°10'19"W
OS Eastings: 526829
OS Northings: 185274
OS Grid: TQ268852
Mapcode National: GBR D0.WVG
Mapcode Global: VHGQR.Y7WZ
Entry Name: 17, Lyndhurst Gardens
Listing Date: 11 January 1998
Last Amended: 11 January 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1113327
English Heritage Legacy ID: 473525
Location: Camden, London, NW3
Electoral Ward/Division: Hampstead Town
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St John Hampstead
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2685 SE LYNDHURST GARDENS
Detached house. 1889-90, altered 1987-8. By Horace Field. For Russell Scott. Red brick, tile-hanging on upper storey, casement windows partly of stone, partly of timber, with leaded lights. Tiled roofs with overhanging eaves and timber bargeboards. 2 main storeys. Irregular composition in Domestic Revival style, much influenced by Norman Shaw.
Main front south-facing, at right-angles to road, with three irregular gables, the central one over round arched entrance with broad 2 panel door with flanking quarter columns and sidelights plus broad fanlight and large projecting shell hood supported on ornate console brackets.
Eastern flank towards road has tall chimney and broad shaped gable. Some alterations on this side, notably late C20 fire escape not of special interest.
Western front has late C20 addition not of special interest.
INTERIOR retains many original features. Entrance passage has built-in porters seat. Entrance hall has original panelling, plasterwork, door surrounds and fireplace. Two arches leading to original staircase with square newels and turned balusters, upper landing has similar balustrade, though now boxed in with fire screens. Main reception room to south-east of hall has two original fireplaces one in an inglenook, door surrounds, connecting archway with sliding double doors, other reception room to east has coving, dado, door surrounds and built-in window seat with chests of draws. Upper floor rooms retain some door surrounds and a fireplace.
Listing NGR: TQ2682985274
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings