This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4103 / 51°24'37"N
Longitude: -0.828 / 0°49'40"W
OS Eastings: 481606
OS Northings: 168569
OS Grid: SU816685
Mapcode National: GBR D7R.FH1
Mapcode Global: VHDX2.LTM7
Entry Name: The Annexe at Westcott Infant School
Listing Date: 24 June 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1119794
English Heritage Legacy ID: 469350
Location: Wokingham, Wokingham, RG40
Civil Parish: Wokingham
Built-Up Area: Wokingham
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: Wokingham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU86NW WOKINGHAM GOODCHILD ROAD
10/10013 The annexe at Wescott
Alternatively known as: SCHOOL ROAD (west side).
School technology block, now with nursery. Circa 1906. Red brick in English bond with pebble-dash render, hipped plain tile roof with corniced brick stack at rear. Stucco plinth; brick walling below window cill level; cornice below boxed eaves.
Windows are wooden, small-paned, 3-light, and on ground floor transomed and set below header-brick arches. 2 storeys; 1,3 bays x 2. North-west elevation: left bay has steps up to entrance with double door and 2-light window to left. Right-hand section has central bay breaking forward below curvilinear gable with oculus in keyed brick surround and tile and brick coping. On left side, external metal stair with iron columns leads to 1st-floor entrance. Rear: left-hand section has 2 windows on each floor flanking blind chimney bay. Right bay has door on right and 2-light window to 1st floor. Interior: parquet flooring;
part-glazed doors; panelled cupboards; wall-mounted black-board. Designed to function as part of the early-C20 school (qv) and built in similar materials and style.
Listing NGR: SU8160668569
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings