This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4618 / 51°27'42"N
Longitude: -0.1406 / 0°8'26"W
OS Eastings: 529268
OS Northings: 175281
OS Grid: TQ292752
Mapcode National: GBR DZ.L5
Mapcode Global: VHGR5.JJ08
Entry Name: Drinking Fountain Approximately 500 Metres to South East of Church of Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 27 March 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1122676
English Heritage Legacy ID: 204562
Location: Lambeth, London, SW4
Electoral Ward/Division: Clapham Town
Built-Up Area: Lambeth
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Clapham Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
(off) THE PAVEMENT
1. Clapham SW4
5023 (south side)
Drinking Fountain approx
500 metres to south-east
TQ 2975 16/1091 of Church of Holy Trinity
1884. Gift of the United Kingdom Temperance and General Provident Institution.
Stout polished granite column fanned out to square plinth which has on each face
a basin and a lion head spout. Modern basin covers and jets. Octagonal base
with curved step beneath each basin.
Heroic size bronze group on top: woman giving water to cripple. Sculptor A V
Kreling. Founder Ferd Miller of Munich.
Listing NGR: TQ2926875281
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings