This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3994 / 52°23'57"N
Longitude: 0.2612 / 0°15'40"E
OS Eastings: 553937
OS Northings: 280333
OS Grid: TL539803
Mapcode National: GBR M6H.DW7
Mapcode Global: VHHJ6.GYYJ
Plus Code: 9F4297X6+PF
Entry Name: The Chantry
Listing Date: 23 September 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1126493
English Heritage Legacy ID: 48766
Location: Ely, East Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB7
District: East Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish: Ely
Built-Up Area: Ely
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Ely
Church of England Diocese: Ely
1. PALACE GREEN
TL 5380 1/59 23.9.50. The Chantry
A C18 brick house (local bricks) with a modillioned wood eaves cornice.
2 storeys and attics. The centre part of 1 window range breaks forward
slightly, surmounted by a modillion pediment. A red brick band runs
between the storeys. 5 window range, double-hung sashes with glazing
bars, in flush cased frames. The windows have red brick gauged arches.
The west end has 2 window range and a 2 storey wing extends at the rear
with a 2 window range. A central doorway has a domed hood on enriched
console brackets. Roof tiled, old Cambridgeshire tiles, with stopped
gables and 2 flat headed dormers.
The Chantrey, the Walls & Gates to The Chantry, No 3, wall and railings to No 3
frm a group with Bishop's Palace, the College and The Cathedral of The
Listing NGR: TL5393780333
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings