This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.666 / 52°39'57"N
Longitude: 0.1585 / 0°9'30"E
OS Eastings: 546066
OS Northings: 309771
OS Grid: TF460097
Mapcode National: GBR L1Q.YQB
Mapcode Global: WHJPH.D8Q1
Entry Name: Hauck Flame Warehouse to Rear of Numbers 5 and 7
Listing Date: 10 February 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1126589
English Heritage Legacy ID: 48429
Location: Wisbech, Fenland, Cambridgeshire, PE13
Civil Parish: Wisbech
Built-Up Area: Wisbech
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Wisbech St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Ely
The following previous listing date shall be added.
Page 96 Item number 6/222 10.2.69
WISBECH OLD MARKET
6/222 Hauck Flame Ware-
6.11.74 house to rear of
Nos. 5 and 7
Granary built c.1820, possibly of two building periods with main
structural features parallel to the river bank (Peace and
Millward). Local brown brick with asbestos sheeting and slated
hipped roofs. Five storeys. Facade facing river symmetrical,
five 'bays'. Central double doors at ground level inserted into
original round arched opening. Two windows to left and right
hand of two lights in segmental brick arches. Pattern repeated
with central doorways in segmental arches at each floor level.
Some windows have boarded shutters. Interior has original
staircases. Floors supported on brick piers at ground floor,
and chamfered timber posts with cantilevered beams above them at
other floor levels.
Fielden and Mawson Arch. Wisbech Consultants' Report, 1974.
Wisbech Society Anual Report, 1973 (Millward and Peace), p.11.
NMR (C. Gregory, Wisbech photographic collection), 1982.
VCH Cambs, p.242.
Listing NGR: TF4626909533
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings