This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6662 / 52°39'58"N
Longitude: 0.1582 / 0°9'29"E
OS Eastings: 546046
OS Northings: 309791
OS Grid: TF460097
Mapcode National: GBR L1Q.YMP
Mapcode Global: WHJPH.D7LW
Entry Name: 3 and 4, Old Market
Listing Date: 10 February 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1126627
English Heritage Legacy ID: 48425
Location: Wisbech, Fenland, Cambridgeshire, PE13
Civil Parish: Wisbech
Built-Up Area: Wisbech
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Wisbech St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Ely
The following previous listing date shall be added.
Page 94 Item number 6/218 10.2.69
WISBECH OLD MARKET
6/218 Nos. 3 and 4
Mid to late C18 house and shop with side entrance to north
giving access to warehouse at rear. Local brown brick; slate
and asbestos roofs, end stacks. Three storeys and basement.
Stone band at cornice and second floor. Four, twelve-paned,
recessed hung sash windows in cambered gauged brick arches with
central blind window to first and second floors. Second floor
windows smaller with late C19 replacement hung sashes. Complete
late C19 shop facade of two, large, four-light windows flanking,
glazed, double doors; plain pilasters to doorways, including
passage door, and quoins with common entablature. Interior has
a good open-string geometric planned staircase, square-sectioned
balusters and mahogany handrail. Panelled window shutters and
NMR (C. Gregory, Wisbech photographic collection), 1982.
Photographs and prints, C18 and C19, W. & F. Mus.
Listing NGR: TF4604609791
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings