This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6424 / 52°38'32"N
Longitude: -0.4517 / 0°27'6"W
OS Eastings: 504860
OS Northings: 306089
OS Grid: TF048060
Mapcode National: GBR FW0.6NG
Mapcode Global: WHGLY.1V53
Entry Name: The Orangery
Listing Date: 16 January 1956
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1127503
English Heritage Legacy ID: 50312
Location: Barnack, Peterborough, PE9
County: City of Peterborough
Civil Parish: Barnack
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
5141 ST MARTINS WITHOUT BURGHLEY PARK
(formerly listed under
the Civil Parish of
TF 00 NW 1/514 16.1.56
Circa 1756-63 by Capability Brown whose master plan for Burghley depicts the
orangery and is dated 1756, and the orangery was seen by Horace Walpole in
1763. Gothic orangery. Ashlar with slate hipped roof behind battlements.
Eleven bays with octagonal turrets, flanking the centre bay and at the corners,
large 4 centred arch windows with Perpendicular panelling above. Sashes
and central glazed door with Gothic glazing bars.
Listing NGR: TF0486006089
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings