History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Hill, South Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6642 / 51°39'51"N

Longitude: -2.5035 / 2°30'12"W

OS Eastings: 365272

OS Northings: 196281

OS Grid: ST652962

Mapcode National: GBR JV.68ZK

Mapcode Global: VH87Q.KFCK

Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 21 October 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1128913

English Heritage Legacy ID: 35240

Location: Hill, South Gloucestershire, GL13

County: South Gloucestershire

Civil Parish: Hill

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Hill St Michael

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Falfield

Listing Text


ST 69 NE HILL UPPER HILL

2/137 Manor Farmhouse
21.10.52
- II

Farmhouse. C16 with later alterations and additions. Rubble, brick, double
Roman tiled roof to porch, asbestos slate roof to house, brick stack at former
gable end, now right of centre, north end of house has roof structure removed,
clad in corrugated asbestos at time of survey (July 1984). Through passage
plan. 1½ storeys, 3 windows, all C20 3-light casements to ground, roof light
and dormer to right, small gable to left has 3-light leaded casement in timber
frame, porch to left has pitched roof and cambered timber lintel to side opening,
panelled and glass door; north of porch, brick repairs to walls, 3 windows, all
casements, 2 with timber lintels, one with brick segmental head, parts of timber
wall plate remaining. South side has 3-light casement at attic level, rear has
3 gables, single storey brick wing projecting from between 2 gables to left,
each gable has 3-light casement under timber lintel, ground floor has 3-light
casement and single light leaded casement, rear through passage door to right of
4 panels with heavy timber lintel, north wing has 3 casements. Interior: deep
chamfered beams, room to left of passage has moulded stops to beams. Internal
shutters, chamfered bressumer and jambs to fireplace, with iron arm for pots,
rear single light window in deep splayed reveal; change in floor level at 1st
floor, with cambered collar above and door of 2 planks, battens and strap hinges
set between 2 queen-posts. Marked on 1659 map of hill plotted for Edward Fust,
then Lord of The Manor. Formerly thatched.


Listing NGR: ST6527296281

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.