This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.1926 / 51°11'33"N
Longitude: -1.7607 / 1°45'38"W
OS Eastings: 416820
OS Northings: 143739
OS Grid: SU168437
Mapcode National: GBR 4ZX.5NN
Mapcode Global: VHB5C.F9K2
Entry Name: Orchard End House and Attached Cob Walls
Listing Date: 22 January 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1130954
English Heritage Legacy ID: 321606
Location: Bulford, Wiltshire, SP4
Civil Parish: Bulford
Built-Up Area: Bulford Camp
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bulford St Leonard
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
The following building shall be added to the list:-
BULFORD ORCHARD END
SU 14 SE
6/276 Orchard End House and
attached cob walls
House, former vicarage until 1891 (q.v. item 6/95). C17 and circa 1820.
Timber-framed north-west wing rendered and colourwashed, south wing largely
rebuilt in flint with freestone quoins. Letter - L plan house of 2 storeys.
Half hipped slate roofs. South front of 3 bays with box sashes. Centre 6-panel
door with reeded surround and paterae, wide cornice hood on modillion brackets.
Left hand brick stack. Side elevations of flint with attic sashes. North-west
of rear wing has gable elevations to Nine Mile River with similar box sashes to
each storey. Single storey infill. Interior has deep chamfer cross beams, a
chinoiserie staircase balustrade and early 19th century joinery. Attached to
south-west and north-east angles are high cob walls on flint plinths with
pantile copings, and about 12' high.
Listing NGR: SU1682043739
Other nearby listed buildings