This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.1745 / 51°10'28"N
Longitude: -1.781 / 1°46'51"W
OS Eastings: 415402
OS Northings: 141723
OS Grid: SU154417
Mapcode National: GBR 503.6K0
Mapcode Global: VHB5C.2QSY
Entry Name: Kent House
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1131093
English Heritage Legacy ID: 321338
Location: Amesbury, Wiltshire, SP4
Civil Parish: Amesbury
Built-Up Area: Amesbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Amesbury St Mary and St Melor
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
AMESBURY COUNTESS ROAD
11/27 No 3 (Kent House)
Lodge to Amesbury Abbey and farmhouse for Park Farm, now house.
1607 and c1733. Flint with stone dressings, fissile stone slate
roofs. Irregular triangular block with an octagonal stair turret
on north-east side, and added on south, an C18 rectangular block in
knapped flintwork and stone. Original building has C18 stone
surround to ground floor window and a chamfered mullioned and
transomed cross window to upper floor. Moulded string courses and
lozenge panel. Moulded stone cornice and ogee roof. Stair tower
is of 3 storeys defined by string courses. Recessed reserved stone
surrounds to square windows. Stone cornice and ogee roof. Lozenge
on north-east face with date 1607. Added on south, a rectangular
block of 3 bays, ground floor raised, and stone plat band.
Architraves to windows and stepped flush keystones. Central 6-
panelled door with dentilled pediment on carved brackets. Block
extended to west at slight angle, with parapet. To rear, a single
storey block in matching squared knapped flintwork added c1960.
Listing NGR: SU1540241723
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings