This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9601 / 53°57'36"N
Longitude: -1.8856 / 1°53'8"W
OS Eastings: 407601
OS Northings: 451562
OS Grid: SE076515
Mapcode National: GBR HQ8N.K5
Mapcode Global: WHC8G.0QCH
Entry Name: Well-House 5 Metres West of Barn Dated 1783 200 Metres South West of Farfield Hall
Listing Date: 25 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133453
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337772
Location: Addingham, Bradford, LS29
Civil Parish: Addingham
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Addingham St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE05SE ADDINGHAM C.P. BOLTON ROAD
(west side off)
2/42 Well-house 5 metres
west of barn dated
1783 200 metres
G V II
Well-house, may have been used as a dairy for Farfield Hall (q.v.),
now used as cowhouse. Late C18. Rubble brought to course, dressed
quoins, hipped stone slate roof. Single storey. East facade faces
towards farmyard. Central doorway with tie-stone jambs (blocked)
with, to either side, narrow horizontal ventilators. Left-hand return
wall has doorway with tie-stone jambs and another ventilator. Rear has
similar fenestration to front. Right-hand return wall has doorway with
tie-stone jambs and ventilator (blocked).
Interior: 5 bays with 4 soft-wood king-post trusses. Also contains
a water pump.
Listing NGR: SE0760151562
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings