This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.8327 / 53°49'57"N
Longitude: -1.9588 / 1°57'31"W
OS Eastings: 402810
OS Northings: 437381
OS Grid: SE028373
Mapcode National: GBR GSR3.QT
Mapcode Global: WHB7V.WXFN
Entry Name: Baptist Chapel
Listing Date: 30 April 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1134026
English Heritage Legacy ID: 338387
Location: Haworth, Cross Roads and Stanbury, Bradford, BD22
Civil Parish: Haworth, Cross Roads and Stanbury
Built-Up Area: Haworth
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Haworth St Michael and All Angels
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
KEIGHLEY WEST LANE
SE 0237 and SE 0337 (north side)
Baptist chapel. Datestone: built 1752, enlarged 1775, rebuilt 1844. Ashlar with
coursed millstone grit to sides, stone slate roofs. 2 storeys, 3 x 5 bays.
Gable front: two doorways with Tuscan pilasters and cornices. To each floor 3
round-arched windows with glazing bars, projecting cills and voussoirs. Moulded
eaves band. Pediment with modillioned cornice, datestone in moulded surround,a
and ashlar coping. Right return: rusticated quoins. Ground floor: 3 unequally-
hung sashes and one taller sash all with projecting cills and plain lintels. 1st
floor: 5 round-arched 6-pane sashes in architraves with keystones and imposts.
End stack to right gable. To right, later single-storey, 7-bay addition, and to
far right a later cross-wing.
Listing NGR: SE0281037381
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings