This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.3779 / 50°22'40"N
Longitude: -5.1153 / 5°6'55"W
OS Eastings: 178599
OS Northings: 57753
OS Grid: SW785577
Mapcode National: GBR Z9.Q9GT
Mapcode Global: FRA 0851.GZB
Entry Name: Group of 5 Monuments to the Lawer Family in the Churchyard About One Metre South of South Aisle of Church of St Cubert
Listing Date: 31 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1136630
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63663
Location: Cubert, Cornwall, TR8
Civil Parish: Cubert
Built-Up Area: Cubert
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Cubert
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SK 75 NE
2/15 Group of 5 monuments to the Lawer
family in the churchyard about one
metre south of south aisle of
- Church of St Cubert
Group of five chest tombs. Early - mid C19. Granite ashlar and brick with slate
Tomb to William Lawer, circa 1850. Ashlar chest on moulded plinth, flat top with
moulded edge, rebated slate inscription tablet with valedictory verses.
Tomb to Edward Lawer, 1837. Ashlar chest on moulded plinth, flat top with moulded
edge, rebated slate inscription tablet on top.
Tomb to Simon Lawer, 1814. Plain brick chest with slate inscription tablet laid on
top, with good lettering and valedictory verses with scrolly decoration.
Tomb to Simon Lawer, 1809. Plain brick chest with granite lid with moulded edge,
rebated slate inscription tablet on top with inscription and good lettering by W.
Cock of St Enoder.
Tomb to William Lawer, 1805. Plain brick chest with slate inscription tablet laid on
top, with carved fans at the corners and good lettering with admonitory verses.
Signed W. Cock Sculp.
Listing NGR: SW7859957753
Other nearby listed buildings