This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.3784 / 50°22'42"N
Longitude: -5.1147 / 5°6'52"W
OS Eastings: 178646
OS Northings: 57807
OS Grid: SW786578
Mapcode National: GBR Z9.Q9M0
Mapcode Global: FRA 0851.H72
Entry Name: Cubert Vicarage
Listing Date: 31 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1141575
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63668
Location: Cubert, Cornwall, TR8
Civil Parish: Cubert
Built-Up Area: Cubert
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Cubert
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 75 NE
2/20 Cubert Vicarage
Vicarage. C18 origin; enlarged circa 1800, with stable/coach house added in later
C19 and C20 alterations. Granite rubble with granite dressings. Partly rendered.
Rag slate roof with ridge tiles; hipped over the main range, with axial stack with
brick shaft. The range to right is hipped at the front end, with stack with rendered
Plan: The original building is a 3-room plan range to right; this has become a
service range at the right side, with the front room projecting to right. Circa
1800, the vicarage was enlarged; an addition was made to left of 2-room plan with
entrance hall and stair hall; the 2 rooms are to left, heated from back-to-back
fireplaces from the axial stack, with the entrance hall to right, and stair hall to
rear right. In C20, the plan of this range has been altered, with a rear lateral
corridor at ground and first floor. In the later C19, a tack room, stable and coach
house was added to rear right.
Exterior: 2 storeys; asymmetrical front with the circa 1800 range to left, a nearly
symmetrical 1:1:1 bays, with the central bay advanced, with a hipped roof over:The
centre bay has C19 paired 4-pane sashes with margin-glazing, flat arches and
keystones at ground floor, first floor similar single sash with flat arch and
keystone. The bay to left has C19 4-pane sash with margin-glazing and keystone at
ground and first floor. The bay to right has C20 conservatory set in the angle to
the front wing to right, with C19 4-panelled inner door with overlight; 4-pane sash
with margin-glazing and keystone at first floor. The 2-storey wing to right has two
C19 4-pane sashes with margin-glazing and keystones at ground and first floors; the
front end has similar sash with brick segmental arch at first floor to right. The
left end has similar sash with keystone at ground and first floor. At the right
side, there is a single storey lean-to of C19, with slurried slate roof, rendered,
with C20 door and 2-light casement. To right, there are four C20 casements at ground
floor, first floor has one single light and 4-pane sash with margin-glazing.
Attached to right, and projecting to right, is the single storey tack room with loft,
with C20 half-glazed door and hipped roof. The stable and coach house projects to
right, of single storey; there is a 2-light 8-pane casement, plank door to the stable
and C20 double garage doors to the coach house. Blind gable end. At the rear, the
main range has 15-pane C19 sash lighting the stair, with round arch with granite
surround and keystone. C20 9-pane sash at ground and first floor to right. To left,
the tack room projects beyond the line of the main range, with a 6-pane window and
Interior: In the early range, the rear room has a C18 cupboard with glazed door with
Gothic glazing bars, of the same design as the cupboard at Ellenglaze Manor (q.v.).
The other rooms have been much remodelled in C20, and the stair in the main stair
hall is an open-well, with stick balusters, of C19.
Listing NGR: SW7864657807
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings