History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Timms Coffee House

A Grade II Listed Building in Skinningrove, Redcar and Cleveland

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.5689 / 54°34'7"N

Longitude: -0.8986 / 0°53'54"W

OS Eastings: 471306

OS Northings: 519849

OS Grid: NZ713198

Mapcode National: GBR QH5L.7Z

Mapcode Global: WHF89.5FC9

Entry Name: Timms Coffee House

Listing Date: 20 January 1967

Last Amended: 27 February 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1136754

English Heritage Legacy ID: 60223

Location: Loftus, Redcar and Cleveland, TS13

County: Redcar and Cleveland

Civil Parish: Loftus

Built-Up Area: Skinningrove

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Carlin How St Helen

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Brotton

Listing Text

LOFTUS SKINNINGROVE ROAD
NZ 71 NW
(east side), Skinningrove.
1/63 Timm's Coffee House.
(Formerly listed in New
Company Row).
20.1.67
- II
Manor house dated 1704 on sundial; raised by one storey c.1800. Now partly
a public house. Brick with painted stone dressings and moulded stone
plinth. Rear wall, gable ends and rear wing rendered and scored to immitate
ashlar. Welsh slate roofs with stone gable copings, block kneelers and
rebuilt brick end stacks. 3 storeys; 5-bay south front. Slightly-
projecting centre bay holds 6-panel door and overlight with glazing bars, up
2 steps, in rusticated quoin surround with triple keystone. Sash windows
with glazing bars, renewed in 2 right bays on first floor. Painted sills.
Painted brick voussoirs in 2 left bays on ground and first floors. Wedge
lintels in centre bay and 2 right bays on ground and first floors. Plain
painted lintels on 2nd floor. Painted sundial inscribed "F.E." and "1704"
above central first-floor window. Rear extension shows 3-storey wing in
keeping to left of central round-headed stair window with intersecting
glazing bars. Extensions adjoining west sides of house and wing are not of
interest.


Listing NGR: NZ7130619849

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.